There are many organizations that offer internships. Opportunities are limited only by your imagination! We strongly encourage students to identify potential areas of interest and possible internship sites or organizations before applying, and to discuss their internship interests with an advisor in the Cal State DC Program.
Internships can be with nonprofits, advocacy groups, congressional offices, executive agencies, museums, security firms, business groups, political parties, artistic organizations, news and media companies, and a variety of other offices in and around Washington, D.C.
Explore each area of study below to see EXAMPLES of past internships:
Students interested in a
D.C. internship should:
- Attend an information session and application workshop;
- Develop a list of internships that interest you;
- Check internship application due dates;
- Draft a cover letter, resume, and obtain letters of recommendation;
- Make an appointment with the program staff to go over your materials and direct you to more internship opportunities.
Through the work of many at Cal State Fullerton and the support of our alumni network here and in Washington, we have developed relationships with a number of internship offices.
CSU Fullerton students who are interested in exploring these opportunities should: